Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mainau or the flowering island


Dear readers, this time I come with impressions about Island Mainau. It is located in the Lake Constance near the city of Konstanz, Germany. To arrive at the Insel Mainau we had a long trip by train, then boat to reach it. We almost didn't even noticed out when we crossed the border between Switzerland and Germany, so it happened to be an unexpected trip to Germany for me. And the travel by boat was extremely enthusiastic, relaxing and ebullient. Mainau is one of the main tourist attractions of Lake Constance. Beside flowers, there is a park landscape with views on the lake. There is also a greenhouse with tropical climate and thousands of butterflies. I don't know why but Mainau reminded me about my visit to the Clima House in Bremerhaven, Germany. 
My most "wanted" destination on Mainau was the Orchid Showroom. It is an unforgettable place, so much beauty only orchids can offer. Hundreds of species, colors and shapes... But the Orchid Show will follow in the next post, as it truly deserves an apart place. 
In the end of our trip to Mainau we have even sent a common postcard to our home and left notes to remind us about this Island.
P.S I think I took hundreds of photographs that day, so selecting them was an extremely difficult task:)



No comments:

Post a Comment